Friday, April 2, 2021

Maybe love isn't overrated.



Hi.

I find it hard to believe that I, Siphathisiwe is really writing on love, like love love, pure love. I know I've written most of my poetry on love themes, heart breaks especially. I've written stories on love but much of these bordered on impractical things as I've come to realise and I do blame those Korean movies for all the crazy stuff I used to write. I've written beautiful poems on beautiful love stories, so beautiful that I've never experienced it myself, the kind that Siphathisiwe thinks belong to a certain type of people if not only in novels because it all seems too good to be true, to be real. And also most of the stuff on love I know, write and experienced is basically limited to lust, peer pressure, sex and just the idea of being in love without really thinking deep about it.

How many times have we heard people say love is overrated? As for me, I say it all the time and honestly it's starting to be so unhealthy. Everytime things don't work out I find myself telling my self it was bound to end anyway, after all it's just love. Everytime you face betrayal, heartbreak, you're lied to its easy to find that little comfort in saying that love isn't as nice as we always see on those Instagram pages. Everytime we give more of ourselves to an un-reciprocated energy it's always always easier to tell ourselves that love just isn't it, it's all just a scam. And so to use the popular phrase, no matter how nice it is, we rather choose to believe that because it is love, it will end in tears.

But what if we have been doing it wrong? What if love is done differently?

What if one not only finds love that takes but nurtures and grows life itself?

What if one finds love that not only mirrors them, but sees through their physical being, through their hurt and fears, down to their very own soul? I'm talking of love that accentuates.

What if one finds love that they didn't have to ask for but a love that found them and wanted them and took all steps to make itself a home?

Is love still overrated where one evolves into a being they have always dreamed of being?

A love where one can completely give in despite the doubts, the past heart breaks, the pain and the fear to surrender to these feelings?

What of a love that is liberating, a love that that nurtures and gives meaning to life?

What of a love that loves naturally, where one is truly him/her and still feels loved? A love where energy is reciprocated to near perfection?

All this would never be considered as a love that is overrated. All this is what we want, what I know I want no matter how many times I tell myself that I'm doing well with playing little games and moving on before it ends in tears.

Thing is in an attempt to protect ourselves from what they call tears, from heartbreaks we choose to stay a safe distance away. In attempts to do so the ability to truly love and be loved back is lost in all this armour. True love is underrated and is left to die behind the shadow of past betrayals and the fear to get hurt again for the hundredth time.

So may we let love win.

Let love run its course without being overshadowed by all these misgivings.

Allow yourself to be loved the way you deserve.


Till next time

Siphathisiwe Mitchel.

2 comments:

GROWING IN THE SILENCES

See how nature_ trees,  flowers,  grass_ grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun,  how they move in silence. We need silence t...